IELTS, abbreviated for International English Language Testing System. It is a standardized test take place at international level, used to check English language proficiency for non-native English speakers. The proficiecy is checked in all 4 sections of English language, i.e., reading, writing, speaking and listening. The score card or report of IELTS test comes in terms of band (0 to 9). The score is used to take admission in foreign colleges.
Checklist for IELTS test day
There are some things which needs to be left at home and some needs to be taken to examination center. These are:
- IELTS Approved Identification should be taken to the examination center. Without this doucment, you will be approved to take the test. In India, Passport is the only approved document. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- All the documents submiited in application form should be brought to the examination center.
- You should bring all the stationary required for the test. It includes pen, pencil, eraser, etc.
You should try to avoid bringing any personal items even if there is storage space available inside examination center. Things which must not bring to the examination center are:
- Digital or electronic products like laptop, notebook, iPods, iPads, mobile phone, calculator, watches, cameras, pen driven stylus, pen drives, etc.are not allowed.
- Any type of IELTS study material, which includes Flash cards, notes, pamphlets pads, etc.
- Reference material like dictionary, Thesaurus and Translators, are also not allowed inside examination center.