Once upon a time, it was an aim of ICC (International Cricket Council) to bring cricket among americans until it expelled USACA from its affiliate membership.
United states of america cricket association (USACA)
USACA was the national governing body for cricket matches in usa. It was founded in 1965 and was headquartered at Miami beach. It has been expelled by ICC from its affiliate membership on June23, 2017. Reason behind expulsion is considered to be
- The recommendation by ICC board in April, 2017
- The hearing by Dispute Resolution Committee.
It has never been denied by ICC that Baseball is the most famous game among americans. There were several instances when ICC took steps for grooming of cricket. ICC has also asked USACA to give suggestion for improvement. However, USA CA failed to bring cricket to usa.
Cricket stadiums under USACA
There are three cricket stadiums in united states, out of which only one is ICC-certified stadium. List of stadiums are:
- Central broward regional park in Florida is the only ICC-certified cricket stadium. This stadium has hosted just four T-20 international matches since 2010.
- Leo magnus cricket complex in Los Angeles.
- Indianapolis world sports park in Indianapolis, which was opened in 2014.