Today’s knock by Indian opener and Captain Rohit Sharma was magnificent. His inings led India to win over Sri Lanka. He has played a tremendous innings of 118 off 48 balls. India made 260 runs in just 20 overs.
Rohit Sharma at his Best
Rohit is currently playing as skipper in Indian cricket team. This is his first T20 series as captain. He is captaining the Indian National Cricket team in absence of Virat Kohli. India won the second T20 match by 88 runs. Now, India is leading the 3-match series 2-0. In addition to Rohit, KL Rahul played a wonderful innings of 89 runs. Yujvendra Chahal took 4 wickets of 52 runs and Kuldeep yadav took 3 wickets with an economy rate of 13 runs.
- Jan Bankable Player of the match: KL Rahul
- Player of the match: Rohit Sharma
Rohit: The Record Maker
Let us look at the records made by Rohit Sharma in second T20 international match against Sri Lanka. The match was played in Holkar Stadium at Indore.
- Equals David Miller’s record of fastest T20 century, i.e., from 35 balls.
- Won his first ever T20 series as captain.
- Became the player of the match and got Rs. 1 lacs as Paytm cash.
- Led India to 260 runs mark, which is second highest in T20 international score by a team.
- Indian team scored its highest ever mark in T20 matches.