1. Session is a property of page class in asp.net to pass data from one page to another page.
2. By default, Session mode is inproc.
3. Session has several functions like abandon. Important properties are a) Session Id b) Time Out.
4. Using session, we can not only pass data from one page to another page, we can also sign out at any point of time, which is the best part of session. That is why we mainly use session in case of login page in asp.net or MVC.
5. There are multiple modes of session: a) Inproc (by default)
b) Outproc (Does not break session even if server restarts during program or gets interrupted by anything.)
Key Points about Session:
-Session is Server side.
-Session is Individual.
-Session is Temporary
-Session is non-persistent.