In order to access the facilities of Internet, your device must be connected to a network. The device can be a mobile phone, computer, etc.
Device’s availability on Network
The most common thing which is implemented world wide is:
- Check whether the device is connected to the any working network or not. If it a wired device, then check if internet cables are inserted properly. If it is a wireless device, then, make sure it is connected to a wireless_network
- Command prompt is also a good way to check net work level. A ping command is most widely used command.
- If your device is computer, laptop or mobile, then, a web page must be accessed to check availability. If it is a network_printer, then, a print command can be given.
Other Steps that can also be performed
- Reboot the workstation to refresh the Internet connection.
- Re-seat the cable at both ends (wall port and computer side port) and reboot system.
- Internet connection can also tested by connecting through different system.
- Verify the lights on the NIC (Network Interface Card) are illuminated. If is not, then, NIC card is damaged.